Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Meal Plan: Week 1

Okay, so I hate shopping!

There I said it. I don't know if it is because: I have the kids with me, re-realizing how much food prices keep going up, the fact I just have a hard time finding everything I want at one store, or just because I hate wasting my time.

This is where I was going to put a picture of a completely stressed out mom with her kids grocery shopping.  But instead you get this; because the stock photos only show HELPFUL children and SMILING moms with empty shopping carts.  It is actually quite funny, no one is THAT happy shopping.

So I go shopping once a week.  That's it, sorry kids we ran out of TP, use the papertowel, we are NOT going shopping until tomorrow. Just joking...we use Kleenex.
So, instead of shopping two times a week, or going to Walgreen's for the quick carton of milk. I am now a devoted meal planner.  Since I only shop once a week, I eat my fresh veggies and salads at the beginning of the week and have frozen steam-able packages of veggies for the end of the week. Super fast, easy, and the next best thing to fresh veggies.
I will post the 5 meals that I will make for the week.  The portions are fairly large so I'm assuming I will have leftovers. We will see how this week goes.  *Fingers crossed*


Meal Plan: Week 1



The only one I am really nervous about is the chuck roast. Its such a large cut of meat to mess up, and I have NO idea how it will come out in the microwave. I'll make sure I have some leftovers in the fridge ready just in case this fails.

I will be creating a page with PDFs of the Shopping List and Recipes. Check back soon... : )

Hope this week's meal plan sounds good to you, I'm excited about it and can't wait to get started!!






No comments:

Post a Comment