Saturday, July 28, 2012

Microwave Miracle Dish Italian Sausage & Potatoes

This dish was awesome. I cooked it a little long (36 Min), so they weren't "plump" per say, but I'm always a bit scared of cooking pork; period. When I do them on the grill, they usually end up as jerky. I never can seem to tell if it is still pink, if the juices are clear, etc... So after this dish  I made sure to get my cooking thermometer to check so I don't over cook things, and so I can give you the best time estimates I can!

Let me know how 32 Minutes works for you!


Microwave Miracle Dish Italian Sausage, Potatoes, and Green Beans

Ready in: 42 min     Est. Cost:  $13.10 



Ingredients



Ingredient
Price
2 lbs Frozen Mild Italian Sausage Links
$8.00
1 onion
  0.45
7 Med Potatoes
  2.00
Salt & Pepper
  ~0.05
1 tsp Olive Oil

~0.10

Side: Steam-able Bag Frozen Green Beans
$2.50
Total Estimated Cost
$13.10

Instructions


The Prep - 3 Min



Coarsely chop Potatoes and Onion, place in Dish. Use lid to chop on. (No washing a cutting board + 1)

Sprinkle potatoes with Salt and Pepper to taste, drizzle Olive Oil, and mix.




Place Frozen Sausage on top, and put the Lid on.
I will also be trying this raw and post the timing.




Cooking - 39 Min




Microwave on High for 15 minutesRemove Miracle Dish, use potholders. 



Rearrange the sausage for even browning. Finish Microwaving on High for 17 minutes.

Carefully check internal temperature of at least 165 F.  If not up to temp yet, replace lid and microwave in 2 minute increments until done.




Cook Steam-able Frozen Bag of Green Beans in the microwave for recommended time. 5-8 minutes.


Serve Green Beans in Lid. 
(No washing serving dish  +1)






Enjoy!


General Cooking Guidelines
1 lb Frozen Pork Sausage = 15 to 17 minutes

Fast Family Feast Test:  Passed! Ready in 42 minutes.


Note: Recipe tested in a 900 watt microwave





No comments:

Post a Comment