Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Miracle Dish is Here!

Unbeknownst to my new Miracle Dish that arrived today from Princess House, it awaits a life of trials, tests, experiments, and yummy deliciousness. Why? Because, it will be put through my Fast Family Feast Test every night.












What is the Fast Family Feast Test you may ask?
 It is my personal test as to what makes an awesome meal - it doesn't just need to taste great, but it needs to be something I can whip up pretty darn fast.

The Fast Family Feast Test

  • On the table in less than 45 minutes 
  • Low prep time 
  • Short ingredient list
  • Husband and kid approved
  • Clean eating
  • Under $10


The reason I am starting this blog...  

A lot of my staple recipes just take to long to cook, require too much prep, too long in the oven, or I have to babysit it on the stove.

Being a stay-at-home mom of three and running a home business is hard enough, without slaving away in the kitchen all afternoon.  So after seeing how simple and fast the Miracle Chicken was to cook in the Miracle Dish, ideas just started running... ooh meatloaf, stuffed cabbage, chicken tortilla soup, majedra, baked kibbi, tuna casserole...the list goes on and on.  But, I couldn't find a lot of microwave recipes for it.  I know more than 20 recipes can be cooked in the Miracle Dish in the microwave. I am here to find them all!

Also, I do have to say I absolutely LOVE my slow cooker.  The only problem I have, is that I can't always get the meal started 6-8 hours before it needs to be ready. And then I'm stuck with food that I can't easily make for dinner that night. I know, I'll stop complaining. I'm just trying to find a better solution that works for our family.

I have to start somewhere, and most will be experimentation, but I'm going to chronicle my meals, tracking my successes and failures, and will hopefully help you find more recipes to make in your Miracle Dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment