Monday, November 5, 2012

Taco Night Microwave Miracle

Taco Night just got faster!

Now I know taco night may not seem to take very long, but what if it could be faster. Every minute is precious, at least in our home, and I'll take every extra one. What do I do with my extra minutes? Since the meals I make take such a short time, I usually don't leave the kitchen. I get the dishes done, clean the counters, and set the table. Woohoo! No work after dinner! The kids clear the table, wash off the table, and push in the chairs. Oh, and since I usually don't use more than a cutting board, knife, mixing spoon, the Miracle Dish, and maybe a bowl, there's no more slaving away cleaning pots and pans with burnt on food endlessly.

Without further ado...

Taco Night Microwave Miracle

Ready in: 14 min; 10 min Active

Ingredients

1 lb Ground Beef

1 box Taco Dinner Kit


Toppings:

Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
Shredded Lettuce
Tomatoes Chopped
Salsa
Chalula (best hot sauce ever!!!)




Instructions

Prep - 1 Min


Place Ground Beef in Dish. Chop up a bit to separate.




 




Cook - 10 Min

Note: Recipe tested in a 900 Watt Microwave.

Put Lid on and Microwave on High for 5 Minutes.

During this time Prepare Toppings.





Drain grease.

Mix in Taco Seasoning and 1/4 c Water.

Yours may not look this liquidy, I added a bit too much water. Opps!
Place Lid upside down on Dish.

Arrange Taco Shells in a pinwheel in Lid.



Microwave Dish & Lid on High for 5 min.













Finishing - 3 Min

Fill Taco Shells with Taco Meat.

Serve on Lid.

Enjoy!

PS: If you want melty cheese, put the shredded cheese on a put it the microwave for another minute.

Fast Family Feast Test:  Passed! 

Ready in: 14 minutes!


My Score: 8
Husband Score: 9
Kids' Score: 10






No comments:

Post a Comment