Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chicken Parmesan Microwave Miracle

Trial and Error

As I'm making most of these recipes on the fly, adapting either oven or slow cooker recipes for the microwave. There is a lot of trial and error. This meal came out very nice, but there are changes that I would definitely make from how I did it. I don't know why I thought that oil might make things crispier, instead of swimming and soaking like they did. Live and learn.

This was still very good fast Chicken Parm. Though I will be perfecting this recipe in the future.

Chicken Parmesan Microwave Miracle

Ready in: 22 min10 min Active

Ingredients

1 lb boneless Chicken Tenders or Breasts

2 Eggs
2 Tbl Water
1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Pasta Sauce
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella or sliced Fresh


Side:

Salad

Supplies:
3 qt Dish & Lid
Pie pan
Tongs


______________________________________________________

Instructions

Prep - 7 Min


Mix Bread Crumbs & Parmesan Cheese in Lid.
Beat Eggs & Water in Pie Pan.
Dip Chicken in eggs to coat, then in breading to coat.

Arrange coated chicken in Dish.

In the picture you can see the chicken swimming in the oil, don't add oil. I might also try to find some slotted silicone tray to put in the Dish so it will stay out of its own juices too.






Cook - 18 Min


Note: Recipe tested in a 900 Watt Microwave.


Put Lid on and Microwave on High for 10 Minutes.




Top with Pasta Sauce & Mozzarella.

Okay, I ran out of Mozzarella and used Parmesan But trust me use the mozzarella!

Keep Lid off and Microwave on High for 5 Minutes.
Make sure internal temp of chicken gets up to 165F. 
Serve in Dish.

Enjoy!


__________________________________________________

Fast Family Feast Test:  Passed! 

Ready in: 22 minutes!


My Score: 7
Husband Score: 7
Kids' Score: 8
I'm sure the scores will go up next time!






No comments:

Post a Comment