Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Green Bean Casserole Microwave Miracle

Thanksgiving sides!

Its that time of year to remember to be thankful, and get together with your family and friends to celebrate together. Even though we don't have any family close, and will be just the 5 of us I will be cooking a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. All except the turkey; I will be stuffing a chicken. One of the recipes I plan on making is Green Bean Casserole. This is my absolute favorite dish at thanksgiving, well beside the jellied cranberry sauce. The only thing I need to figure out now is which recipe do I use my Miracle Dish for. Hmmmm... I think I need a couple more Miracle Dishes.

Oh and the other thing I LOVE about my Princess House Miracle Dish is how lovely it looks on the table. The design on the side is so pretty. I've never had the opportunity to entertain since we live so far away from our family, so I really don't have any nice serving dishes. This beautiful dish can go straight from the Micro to the Table for the nicest meal.

Our family really likes slightly crunchy green beans, so I used fresh, which I steamed in the Dish before assembling. You can substitute with canned if you wish, just leave out the steaming part.

Oh, and there will be enough room in the dish if you need to double the recipe, just increase the time!

Green Bean Casserole Microwave Miracle

(Adapted from a recipe from Campbells' & AllRecipes.com)

Ready in: 12 or 22 min2 or 8 min Active

Ingredients



1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup*
1/2 cup Milk*
1 tsp Soy Sauce*
1/8 tsp Pepper
4 cups Fresh Green Beans
  - or 2 (14.5oz) cans Cut Green Beans
1 1/3 cups Fried Onions
* Use low-soduim/low-fat options if desired


Supplies:
3qt Dish & Lid
Mixing Spoon
Cutting Board (if using fresh Green Beans)
Chopping Knife (if using fresh Green Beans)



______________________________________________________

Instructions

Prep: 2 or 10 Min


Skip this step if not using fresh Green Beans.

Trim Green Beans and place in Dish. Add 1/2 cup water.

Cook in Microwave on High for 5 min
(tender crisp), or until desired softness is achieved.

Drain.


Add Soup, Milk, Soy Sauce, Pepper, & 1/2 of the Fried Onions.

Mix.




Cook - 10 or 12 Min

Note: Recipe tested in a 900 Watt Microwave.



Put Lid on and Microwave on High for 10 Minutes.





Stir it up.

Top with Remaining Friend Onions.

You can stop here if you want!
But if you want browned onions go to the next step. Be sure to read the warning though!





Warning: Miracle Dish is not recommended for the broiler. 

I only use the Broiler for 2 minutes or less with the Dish at least 3 inches away from the coils.

So if you want to brave it follow this next step.

Broil on High for 1:30 min.







Serve in Dish.

Enjoy!

__________________________________________________

Fast Family Feast Test:  Passed! 

Ready in: 12 to 22 minutes!


My Score: 10
Husband Score: 9
Kids' Score: 10






2 comments:

  1. You can use Frozen Green Beans too! Just follow the first step and add a couple of more minutes to the time, and steam until the tenderness you prefer!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hello my friend! I want to say that kiosk 918kiss this post is awesome, nice written and include approximately all vital infos. I'd like to peer extra posts like this .

    ReplyDelete