Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Crunch Microwave Miracle

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving & Black Friday!

My family and I had a very nice, quiet Thanksgiving. It was just me, my husband and my kids. We really wish we could be with our family for every holiday, but it was nice just having a nice simple dinner. What I made: Sausage stuffing in Chicken, Mashed Potatoes Microwave Miracle, Steamed Asparagus, Salad, and Cranberry Sauce.  I used the microwave for the potatoes and asparagus, bagged salad, canned cranberry sauce (I've tried making my own, but I LOVE the jellied kind, I'll grow up one day), so the only hard part was making the stuffing, which I could of done a lot of it in the micro, which I probably will do next time. I've really gotten used to only washing one or two things, instead of the various pots, pans, and bowls I used to make the stuffing. 

Oh, and the other nice thing about having a just your family at Thanksgiving...its A LOT easier to slip away and do some Black Friday shopping. I was a Black Friday virgin, not sure if I will go next year, but it wasn't horrible. I went to Wal-Mart at 8pm to wait for one of the 25 trampolines they had for $140 off, it took a while to find them, since the handy map that Wal-Mart hands out was NOT helpful. But once I did find them, to my delight, the trampoline people were in the garden center in front of the lawn chairs. Score! So a nice comfy wait for the trampoline, polite conversation, and I was 11th in line and easily got my trampoline. Now once I left the comforts of the garden center I was met with grabs, pushes, shoves, some "excuse me"s, and the desire to pick up the vacuum I wanted quickly disappeared. I checked out, and now I Santa will be bringing the kids a trampoline for Christmas. :)

Simple Yummy Crunchy

This is one of my favorite recipes! I was a little worried about the mix of ingredients, but really it was surprisingly fantastic! It has a tortilla-soup-like flavor with a bit more hardiness and A LOT more crunch. The kids thought it was a bit spicy but still asked for seconds. I will cut down on the Chili Powder for the kids and just add it to the adult platters after serving.


Chicken Tortilla Crunch Microwave Miracle

(Adapted recipe from AllRecipes.com)

Ready in: 20 min8 min Active

Ingredients


1.5 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1 (10.75oz) can Condensed Cream of Chicken
2/3 cup Picante Sauce
2 tsp Chili Powder
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Tortilla Chips - coarsely broken


Side:

Salad

Supplies:
3 qt Dish & Lid
Cutting Board
Chopping Knife
Mixing Spoon or Ladle


______________________________________________________

Instructions

Prep - 5 Min




Step 1
Cut Chicken into strips. Place in Dish.

I've heard rumors that if you buy chicken breast from the butchers section, that you can ask them to slice it up for you. I haven't had the guts to ask yet. 
Step 2
Add Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, Picante Sauce, & Chili Powder to Dish.
Mix well.
Cook - 15 Min

Note: Recipe tested in a 900 Watt Microwave.


Step 3
Put Lid on and Microwave on High for 12 Minutes.




Step 4
Add Cheese.

Mix well.










Step 5
Top with Chips.


Serve in Dish.

Enjoy!


__________________________________________________

Fast Family Feast Test:  Passed! 

Ready in: 20 minutes!


My Score: 10
Husband Score: 9
Kids' Score: 8



No comments:

Post a Comment